Reclamation's website for the 7D Review
7D REVIEW BY DEPARTMENT OF INTERIOR
Memo (2/7/20) from Bureau of Reclamation about the Section 7.D review of Interim Guidelines, now underway until December of 2020. In his 12/13/2019 remarks at Annual Conference of Colorado River Water Users Association (video), Interior Secretary Bernhardt stated:
• 'Section 7.D of the 2007 Guidelines [the update of 12/10/2007, listed below] calls for Reclamation to initiate work prior to Dec. 31, 2020 on a formal review of the effectiveness of the 2007 Guidelines.'
• 'This provision provides an opportunity to take an objective look at where we've been, and where we are, with our operational rules.'
• 'We want to wrap up this effort, culminating in the 'Section 7.D Report,’ around this time next year."
• 'The report will be a Reclamation product but it will rely on important input from the Basin States, Tribes, NGOs and the public, as the report is developed."
• The Section 7.D Review wll be retrospective; a 'look-back' at past operations and not a
consideration of future activities.
• The Review will result in a Report that: 1) evaluates the effectiveness of the Guidelines and 2)
documents our operational experience with the Guidelines.
• Through this Review, we hope to build a solid foundation that informs decision-makers in future
negotiations and bring partners, stakeholders and the public to a common understanding of
past operations and their effectiveness.
• Input from the Basin States, Tribes, NGOs, other Federal agencies, and the public will be
factored into the Review.
• Outreach with Basin States, Tribes, NGOs, and other Federal agencies will occur at 2 primary
milestones: 1) at the start of the Review, with a discussion of the Report scope, approach, and
schedule and 2) when the draft Report is ready for review.
• In March, we anticipate holding webinar(s) to present and discuss the Report scope, approach,
and schedule with the Basin States, Tribes, and NGOs. Additional meetings with groups of tribes
and individual tribes will follow as requested.
• In late summer, we anticipate holding webinar(s) to provide the draft Report to the Basin States,
Tribes, and NGOs for review. Received comments will be considered and factored into the draft
Report as appropriate. Additional meetings with groups of tribes and individual tribes will
follow as requested.
• We anticipate publishing the final Report near the end of 2020.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION OF 7D REVIEW
7D Review: Letters of Submission for the Fraft
Draft Report Webinar
Draft Report & Appendix A
7D Draft Report Comments
Final Report & Appendix
Stakeholder Meeting Overview
Talk about this article...